The Twinning programme, a joint venture of Annamalai University and the college, is yet another landmark towards the goal of education of high quality. Mahendra Arts & Science College is also fast emerging as a model institution and nerve center for the socially, educationally and economically backward students on the rural educational map of Namakkal and Salem Districts.
Motto of the College
The abode of Lord Kandan is in Kalippatti, where our college is situated. The emblem of our college with the inscription of the Motive, Action and Service signify the spiritual thoughts to be imparted to our students that they are always blessed by Lord Kandan, to be virtuous, ever learning and helpful to others. We strive to impart knowledge by motivating the students to have a set goal and work accordingly to put things in action with service mind. The first letters in the words Motive, Action and Service also stand for Mahendra Arts and Science.
Specific efforts are taken to see the newly admitted students to settle down with ease in their high academic pursuit. The main difficulty experienced by the students is the change of medium of instructions and different allied subjects. Hence, practice oriented bridge course in English and crash courses in mathematics, physics and chemistry are given to students.
A Proverb a Day
In order to inculcate good thoughts and qualities, in the minds of students 'a proverb a day' scheme has been introduced.
Coaching is given to arrear students to get through examination and class toppers to secure University Ranks.
First Hour Tests
In order to stress the importance of learning daily and to prepare them for the final examinations, the first hour of our college schedule is utilized for conducting tests subject-wise.
Tutorial Ward System
A tutorial ward system has been introduced to counsel the students periodically and put them on the right path.
The final year students are facilitated to do project work inside the campus and also in reputed companies.
The English,Science Association,Photography Club,The Eco Club,Tamil Mandram and
Arts Association are functioning under
'Manavar Valarchi Mandram' in the college to help the students to exhibit and
A National commission for women-complaints committee is there to protect and promote the interests of women and safeguard the rights of our girl students.
Extension Activities are an integral component of the educational
process in Mahendra Arts &Science College. Students learn and become aware of social
reality, challenging issues and the need for inclusiveness of the underprivileged
The focus of MASC is on Education, Environment, Health &Safety, and Women Empowerment.
These are also amplified by aligning them with the sustainable development goals by
organizing various programmes such as awareness, student’s involvement, engagement, and
implementation of strategies.
Extension activities are connected to all the departments and their services are utilized in the major activities like NSS, Citizen Consumer Club, RRC, YRC, Women cell, and Men’s cell. The extension activities are synchronized with Government and Non-Government Organizations. These activities are carried out in adopted villages.
NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME (NSS)
The Motto of NSS “NOT ME BUT YOU”, reflects the essence of democratic
living and upholds the need for self-less service. NSS helps the student’s development &
appreciation to other person’s point of view and also consideration towards other living
beings. The objectives of the National Service Scheme is to help Volunteers in
understanding the communal and social relationship, culture, heritage, needs of the
needy, their problems and the ultimately the solutions. It develops the volunteers with
the great sense of social and civic responsibility.
At MASC, two NSS units are in operation with 200 students. The NSS units conducted 122 programmes in association with various departments for creating awareness about social responsibility among the students and faculty.
YOUTH RED CROSS (YRC)
The YRC Unit of MASC organized various Blood Donation camps and First Aid Training activities under the outreach activities. In addition, the YRC also participated in various seminars and youth festivals related to social welfare, health and hygiene.
RED RIBBON CLUB (RRC)
Red Ribbon is also operated in the college for creating various awareness about various issues including ‘AIDS’ among the students and public to develop helping tendency and also donate blood to save human lives when needed. Red Ribbon Club received financial assistance from the “Tamil Nadu State AIDS Control Society” and organized Blood donation camps and AIDS awareness campaigns in Namakkal District.
CITIZEN CONSUMER CLUB (CCC)
Citizen Consumer Club is one of the Consumer forums of civil supplies and consumer protection Department, Government of Tamil Nadu which promotes awareness among the students on civil supplies and consumer strategies. Citizen Consumer Club of our college was established for the purpose of spreading awareness about consumer rights amongst all consumer segments and to help of consumers get justice when affected. The club works on the motivational zeal of consumer groups and also creates awareness among the students at a very young age and through them the general public. The students understand the fundamental rights of citizen and make them realize and learn the fundamental duties of a good citizen. The students equip themselves for teamwork and whole-heartedly help the consumers in upholding their rights and fundamental rights.
NSS Event 2016-17
WOMEN EMPOWERMENT CELL
To empower women to realize their potential and compete for equal opportunities in building successful home and career.
- The main aim of the Cell is to uplift the girls socially and intellectually. The Cell conducts various awareness camps- Health, Legal, Entrepreneurship, Defense techniques, etc throughout the year in order to equip them with the required knowledge and high level of confidence which will guarantee a life of equality, empowerment, personal enhancement and professional success.
- To empower them in raising their voice against Gender Discrimination/Injustice/Violence.
- To spread social awareness through street plays, marathons, etc.
- To provide a platform for girls and women to share their experiences and views regarding their status in the society and to suggest ways to improve and empower themselves.
- To identify strong leaders and change-makers and build their capacity.
- To promote a culture of respect and equality for female gender.
- To provide them with opportunities and programs to be financially, mentally and emotionally empowered so as to promote their growth as individuals in their own right.
- To make them aware of the guidelines of Supreme Court and to ensure that sexual harassment is treated as an unacceptable social behavior within the institution and the society.
- To conduct seminars and workshops to impart the knowledge about opportunities and tools available and train the women folk.
- To help the self-help group women get financial support by identifying the sources.
- To inculcate entrepreneurial attitude among young girls at the earliest, so that they may become “job givers” rather than “job takers”.
Women's Empowerment Cell Programme 2015-2016