About the Department
The department of Commerce has been functioning since the academic year
1999 – 2000. The department offers B.Com, B.Com (CA), M.Com, M.Com (CA) and M.Phil
programmes. The department is manned by academically well qualified staff members. Since
its inception, the department offers Commerce, Computer and Management education to the
students of various strata of the society. The department has been striving hard for
holistic development of its students and has made a remarkable progress in this regard
over a period of time. The department facilitates students to develop good communication
skills, learn recent advancements in the field of commerce, computer and management. The
department encourages its students to participate in various intra-college and
inter-collegiate competitions and enable them to imbibe and follow business and moral
ethics. The department has been continuously organizing seminars, orientation programmes
and guest lectures, which are of immense help both to the faculty and students in
knowledge acquisition, retention and dissemination. The students of the departments
usually find better placements in reputed industrial and business houses.
The department has been doing yeomen service in the cause of higher education, catering to the requirements of students mostly hailing from rural areas and nearby hamlets. The department has achieved a remarkable academic performance in this area. It produces many rank holders every year.
- To provide valuable resources for industry and society through excellence in technical education.
- To provide quality education in the field of commerce with computer applications and transform the students into competent commerce (CA) professional enabling the attainment social and economic goals.
- To empower students with all knowledge and guidance that they need to become seasoned professionals.
- To identify hidden talents, provide opportunities for students to realize their full potential and shape them into national assets.
- To become the knowledge hive of managerial excellence.
- To train and equip the graduates with employability skills.
- To promote excellent education in the changing environment of Information and Communication Technology and Commerce Sectors.
- To enhance the quality of teachers through dissemination of knowledge.
- To extend the department into a pioneering centre for Teaching, Learning and Research.
- To impart social consciousness and responsibilities among students.
- To provide quality educational experience and support services that lead to the successful completion of degree.
- To make the students learn through doing and gain practical knowledge.
- To make the student grab training and development opportunities to fit them into national and global employment interface.
- To give value-based and holistic education using state-of-the-art technology.
Strength of the department
- Integration of both commerce and computer applications
- Enrichment of Curriculum based on Industrial needs
- Most suitable Curriculum to Professional and industrial needs.
- E-Learning platform
- Additional credit courses
- Industrial Exposure, Internship, Training and project
- Qualified faculty with experience
- Faculty member’s involvement in Research Activities.
- To make the students prepare and apply for Bank Exams, MNC’s and Government undertakings.
- To build competency among faculty for professional excellence.
- To conduct International Conference.
- To publish more research papers in National/International journals.
- Under-graduate Programme was established in the year 1999.
- The department is facilitated with four ICT-enabled class rooms.
- Department library has more than 250 books with different texts and authors.
- The department organizes various Commerce Marketing Expo, Best Manager, Quiz and various other Commerce CA-related activities.
- Prominent Alumni are placed in various reputed organizations.
- The department made MOU with Salem Productivity council, Salem.
|A.NASHEER, VILLAGE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER, TRICHY SOUTH.|
|V.JAGADEESAN,JUNIOR ASSISSTANT,TAMILNADU STATE TRANSPORT CORPORATION,THIRUVANNAMALAI.|
|N.AMIRTHALINGAM,SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE,SALEM.|