Studying Physics at Mahendra Arts and Science College offers opportunities which are unique to a school of our size. Students are given individual attention due to minimum number of students at upper-level courses for the major. Depending upon a student's particular interest, many variations in the curriculum are offered which either strengthen the core curriculum in preparation for graduate studies or emphasize particular areas of interest such as applied physics, computer science, engineering, materials science, chemistry, biology, environmental studies, or the teaching of physics.
- To achieve excellence in Physics and to create socially responsible citizens
- To strive for nurturing the potential of students by designing and delivering the current, relevant and creative learning inputs
- To shape global leaders and entrepreneurs, who create sustainable and fulfilling environment in the society
- To develop Physics and pursue curricula which are dynamic, flexible and holistically designed to foster creativity and cognitive thinking
- To shape ourselves into a learning community where we work, listen and respect each other
- To encourage the faculty, researchers and students to work synergistically across the discipline
- To infuse a sense of excitement in students towards innovation & invention
- Regular faculty guidance to the students
- Undergraduate and Post graduate Research
- Talented faculty with a variety of scientific platforms
- Strong social community
- "Outstanding" Society of Physics Students
The Department conducts programs at the,
Bachelor's level (B.Sc. Physics),
Master's level (M. Sc. Physics),
Research level (M.Phil. Physics)Through lectures and laboratories to the students and scholars.
The programme was established in 2001. Under the able-guidance of the
dedicated faculty, the
students of the
department showed remarkable achievements in curricular and co- curricular activities.
The department became PG department in the year 2003 with the introduction of M.Sc
Physics. In 2013, the
department became a research department with the introduction of M.Phil program. The
department arranges guest
lectures, workshops and National level seminars to promote scientific attitude among the
students and young
teachers who will motivate them to take up research.
In addition to these programs, we offer several core and elective physics courses to other discipline students from all the other departments of the Institute.
- To motivate the students to understand the importance of Physics in daily life and encourage them to pursue research activities
- To provide the best possible educational facilities for training students for the careers in Technology and Science
- To initiate the students to participate in Seminars and Symposiums
Programme Educational Objectives
- Technical Proficiency: Obtaining successful employment to their respective interests, education and to become socially responsible physicists
- Professional growth: Developing lifelong learning, higher education and research in their respective areas of specialization
- Management growth: Improving leadership quality through innovative methods
Areas of research include
- Nanoscience and Technology
- Computational Physics
- Advanced Materials
- Energy Devices
- Molecular Spectroscopy
These research areas provide students with an opportunity to obtain excellent preparation for graduate study or immediate, successful career in physics, including the teaching of physics.
Efforts will be taken to link these research areas to the society in developing products which have effective social relevance such as sensors, energy devices, smart materials, advanced materials etc.,
Integral part of the Physics programmes