About the Department
The Department of English has every reason to feel proud of its spirit and social service. It was established in 2002 and committed to promote the vision to create a congenial environment for the students to learn English and use it in their day-to-day communication.
To create a congenial environment for the students to learn English and use it for day-to-day communication. To make the department a Centre for Excellence in English.
- To motivate the students to have a special liking for English.
- To make the students understand the importance of the language at the global level.
- To adopt new techniques to improve communication
- To create better opportunities for employment by making them acquire excellent communication skills in English.
The department offers instruction in English under part II for the Undergraduate classes, and it runs U.G. & P.G. and M.Phil. programmes.
The instruction in part II for the UG courses focuses on Grammar,
formal writing, and creative writing in an effort to give the students practical
competence in the use of all language skills. It is a course designed to help students
face the competitive examinations for their career and also provide them with a system
At the U.G. and the P.G. levels, there are papers of high literary content and literary training and also papers of professional interest. Papers such as Research Methodology, Translation Studies, New Literature in English, Journalism, Media Writing, English Language Teaching, British Literature, Indian Classical Literature in Translation, Science Fiction,Detective Literature, Literary Theories and Criticism, South Asian Literature in English,Green Literature,Diasporic Literature and Women's Writing in English are included. These also help them face competitive examinations like NET and SLET successfully. The project work helps the students put to use the knowledge of Research Methodology they gathered in the Methodology paper.
- Well-Qualified Teaching Faculty.
- Active participation of faculty members and students in Conference/Seminar/Workshop at National and International level.
- Well-stocked Department Library with 4762 books.
- Well-equipped ICT classes with internet facility.
- MoU with THIRD EYE, Salem.
- Strong Alumni connect.
- Focus on Co-curricular activities like Lingua Entrainment, Penta Clubs –Drama club, Oratorical club,Innovative club, Quiz club, Readers club, Drama shows, Debate, Power point presentations and LIT FEST(An Intercollegiate meet).
- Student-published Magazines every year with the academic intention.
- Language Laboratory to help students of the U.G. and the P.G improve their skills in phonetics and other aspects of English.
Mr. Sooraj Muralidharan,
founder, Third Eye, Salem.
Linguist / NLP Practitioner / Personal Growth Coach
|Mr.M.Sooraj is the founder of Third Eye Company in Salem. He is contributing his service as a Freelancer in various fields such as Linguist / NLP Practitioner / Personal Growth Coach for different renovated Institutions. He completed his Master of Arts in Madras University. He is one of the active alumni in our department who has rendered his support for our department. He provides various opportunities to our department students. He is one of the board members in framing curriculum design. He had been the Chief Guest for various inter-cultural programmes in our department.|
Hon'ble Minister of Electricity Mr.P.Thangamani honours Master B.Balamurugam with prize in District Level poetry competition
Intra Collegiate Winners Overall Championship in Literary Expo
at KSR College