- Department aims at student intellectual growth and personal integrity.
- To acquaint students with various statistical methods and their application in different fields.
- Developing skills in handling problems in data analysis and research design.
- To prepare students for present competitive world.
- Bringing awareness about effective use of Statistics for social concern through a statistical association.
- Spreading knowledge of Statistics and its applications in various fields through conducting workshops / presentations / Seminars /Guest Lectures / Field visits.
- Department empower students with life-oriented education through real life projects of current and social interest.
- To give recognition towards statistical methodologies.
- To bring awareness about the importance of statistics among students.
- To make students aware of the practical applications.
- The Department of Statistics has been newly created in Mahendra Arts and Science College (Autonomous) from the academic year 2016-2017.
- The mission of the Department is to provide an opportunity for students to enhance their ability to apply statistics in a wide range of fields of application.
- The vision of the Department is to produce committed, competent, efficient and professionally capable under graduates in the fields of statistics such as Product Testing, Sample Surveys, and Clinical Trials in Medicine, Nursing, Bio-Statistics, Environmental Studies, Consulting, Econometrics, Information Technologies, Education, Business, Commerce, Economics, Management, Social Sciences and Engineering for research and extension.
- The Department is interacting with industrial and field area.
Career Opportunities of the M.Sc. Statistics Programme
- Central Government Departments like Indian Statistical Service (ISS), IAS, IPS, IFS, Class-I Services, Statistical Officer at various levels in Central Statistical Organization (CSO), Statistical Officer at various levels in National Sample Survey Organization (NSSO), Assistant Director of Statistics (Planning Commission), Insurance Companies (Vital Statistics) and Statistical Investigator.
- State Government Departments like Assistant Director of Statistics, District Statistical Officer, Assistant Statistical Investigator, Statistical Inspector, Statistical Assistant and Block Development Statistical Investigator.
- Public and Private Sector / Industries / Organizations / Bank Sector like Statistical Officer, Statistical Analyst, Statistical Assistant and Statistical Quality Control Officer, Quality Controller.
- Teaching and Research like [after finishing Ph.D. in Statistics or National Eligibility Test (NET) and State Eligibility Test (SET) or State Level Eligibility Test (SLET)] Assistant Professor, Lecturer, Junior Research Fellowship (JRF), Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) and Research Associate (RA).