About the Department
The department of Journalism and Mass Communication was established in 2016. The department is committed to provide undergraduate students with quality education in the discipline of communication and journalism which strives to be contemporary, relevant and practical. The goal of the Department of Journalism and Mass Communication is to create skilled media professionals with unique voices
The Department of Journalism offers undergraduate programme, B.A., Journalism and Mass Communication. All the +2 passed students are eligible for getting admission into the course. The programme is designed to equip the students with an intellectual and interdisciplinary approach that prepares them for the field. The learning process aims to strike a balance between the theoretical and practical approach to the field. The course also exposes the students to several events throughout the year that provide them with an opportunity to interact with practitioners in the media industry. They get the opportunity to attend special talks and seminars on contemporary issues
- The Department of Journalism and Mass Communication provides practical training to students through Photo Expo, Film Screening and classroom activities.
- As the learning process in the department is enriched in various ways through a number of activities conducted within the department, students regularly visit the department studio for practising in anchoring, Radio Jokey, News Reading Practices programmes with the help of department Faculty Members.
- The students produce short films, Documentaries, Advertisements, printed college newspapers titled as Kathirozhi and Printed Magazines. They submit photos related to various topics like Street photography, Travel Photograpy etc with the support of faculty members.
- Internships are also an important stepping stone towards media careers and our students have found many internship opportunities. They are working as interns in various reputed media organisations.
- In classroom activities every week they submit Editorial content, own articles, News reporting etc., through which students are able to understand how to write reporting, Editorial content and articles.
- Students of our department worked as Political Reporter, Film Reporter, Video Editor, Anchor and News producer in a various reputed Media organization.
- Some students opt for Higher education in various reputed colleges.
News Tamil 24x7, Chennai
|Ms. M. Latha is presently working as a Political Reporter in News Tamil 24X7, Chennai.
Polimer Channel, Chennai
|Mr. P.Yuvaraj is presently working as a Film Reporter in Polimer News channel, Chennai.
Ms. S. Kokila
BNews producer and Anchor
Vendhar Channal Chennai
|Ms. S. Kokila is presently working as a News producer and Anchor in Vendhar Channel, Chennai.
Freelance Layout Designer
King Multiform Tv & Naduvan Kural Newspaper
|Ms. A. Gokila is presently working as a Freelance Layout designer in King Multiform Tv & Naduvan Kural Newspaper, Chennai.
Mr. S.Diamon Franko
Polimer Channel (Digital Form ), Chennai
|Mr. S. Diamon Franko is presently working as a Video Editor in Polimer News Channel, Digital Platform
Ms. M. Thilakamani
Visual Editor & Playout Executive
Vaigai Television, Chennai.
|Ms. M.Thilakamani is presently working as a Visual Editor and Play out Executive in Vaigai Television, Chennai.